Our team raised $86,688.36 and a total of $8.3 million was raised for this walk to advance access to care and find a cure for breast cancer.
— Avon Walk (@avonwalks) October 22, 2012
The Avon Walk New York, the eighth of nine Avon Walks this year, attracted more than 3,400 participants from 46 states and Washington DC, as well as eight countries, and drew 429 men and 401 breast cancer survivors to raise life-saving funds and awareness for breast cancer.
Here is a list of grants that were awarded during closing ceremonies. It was so exciting to see all of our fundraising being disbursed right in front of us!
We were also thrilled to find out that Team Affiliate Marketers Give Back was the 2nd largest fundraising team during this walk and both myself and Shawn Collins were in the top 10 of individual fundraisers.
We had an amazing, yet grueling time on the walk and a ton of fun at our team Cheering Station on Columbus Circle. Being able to put a smile on the face of the walkers as they forged on through the last few miles was an incredibly uplifting experience.
I’d like to personally thank my fellow team members, all of the folks that supported our fundraising efforts and our team’s sponsors. Without your help, none of this would be possible.
If you would like to help raise funds to fight breast cancer, check out the Race to Affiliate Summit West 2013, where Affiliate Summit will donate $1 to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade for each mile run or walked through December 31, 2012.
- View Missy Ward’s Photos of the 2012 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer New York City.
- View Shawn Collins’ Photos of the 2012 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer New York City.
- View the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer’s Photos of the 2012 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer New York City
2012 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer New York City Photos
Latest posts by Missy Ward (see all)
- Should Your Business Back Up Its Social Media Accounts? - 01/01/1970
- HitPath Masters Conference – Oct. 7-9, 2015 – New Orleans - 01/01/1970
- Gain Customer Loyalty Using Mobile Marketing - 01/01/1970